Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

AntiSpyware Coalition Workshop

I’m spending most of today making sure I have all my office work is completed, backed up and/or packed for my trip to Washington D.C. tomorrow.  I leave early Wednesday to attend a workshop put on by the Anti-Spyware Coalition.

The ASC is a group dedicated to building a consensus about definitions and best practices in the debate surrounding spyware and other potentially unwanted technologies. Composed of anti-spyware software companies, academics, and consumer groups, the ASC seeks to bring together a diverse array of perspective on the problem of controlling spyware and other potentially unwanted technologies.

BillP Studios is not on the  ASC member list but I fully support their efforts. Generally I share the opinion of Grocho Marx who said, “… I would never join a club who would have me as a member.”  I’m really looking forward to this event.  It’s another chance to sit down with some good friends who also happen to be some of the worlds best spyware trackers and consumer advocates. It’s also a great opportunity to meet new friends. We’ve learned that collectively, we can frequently shine the spotlight on the bad guys and consumers win.

I will have my Canon Powershot Pro 1 with me so stay tuned for photos and news from our nations capital.

Share on Facebook


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home