Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Grocery Shopping on Amazon

When the Internet first became main stream a number of companies tried and failed to create online super markets. About 10 years ago WebVan made a big splash with investors that included Goldman Sachs and Yahoo! but failed to delivered any success.

The most successful online grocer still in business is a company called Peapod. A bit of Trivia... It's original name was actually IPOD or "Information and Product On Demand".

Now Amazon has created an online Grocery store. The key difference appears to be that Amazon is providing bulk non-perishable items which work with their current shipping models.


Amazon Grocery claims to have over 22,000 products and some great prices. I was pleased to find a few items that I can no longer find at my local market. I had to buy a few more than I normally would but I think I'll be using Amazon Grocery again.

Disclaimer: My Blog isn't designed to create any kind of direct revenue but in the interest of full disclosure, I am an Amazon Affiliate. I do make some kind of percentage if you purchase something by clicking on the link above.

Labels: ,

Share on Facebook


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home