Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Friday, June 08, 2007

Spammers May Need to Communicate Better

Last week U.S Attorneys arrested a guy in Seattle they dubbed the “Spam King”. He’s actually a third Spam King I’ve heard of. In the late 90’s it was Sanford Wallace and a couple years ago it was Scott Richter.

According to Microsoft lawyer Tim Cranton say “He’s one of the top 10 spammers in the world”. Federal authorities said internet users should notice a decrease in the amount of junk E-mail they receive. I don’t know about you, but I haven’t seen any difference.

Not only has my spam continued the spammers don’t seem very organized. Seems like they know my name, where I live and even some of my websites but how come the spam isn’t targeted better?

For instance, I received an Email from a lonely young girl in an internet cafe who said…

I was searching the net few days ago. I am new to this thing.
and saw your profile. I decided to email you cause I found you attrbactive. I might come down to your city in few weeks.
Let me know if we can meet each other in person.
I am attractive girl. I am sure you won't regret it.

If she had communicated with other spammers she’d would have thought twice. Right after her Email was the following message.

The more inches your penis has, the more times you are a man. Make it big with Penis Enlarge Patch.

Perhaps she knew about the shoes I bought online because the next Email titled Re: Bigger informed me

People judge your dick size by your shoes size.
With megadik you dont have to wear
bigger shoes to make women think you have a huge...

It really doesn’t matter because I just won the Netherlands Lottery and Bill Gates is going to send me a million dollars. I just have to be careful not to put my winnings into my non-existent accounts at Regions Bank or Washington Mutual Bank. I received an Email letting me know there’s a technical update that will require me to re-enter my bank information.

It’s going to take a lot more than the arrest of one spammer to make any impact on my inbox.

Labels: ,

Share on Facebook


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed a sharp decrease in overall spam, but received the very same sequence and subjects you did. Maybe they think we are friends.

honeypot trapspam

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has got to be the funniest post i've read in a long time :)

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home