Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Microsoft “Most Valuable Professional” Program

I’ve often followed the advice of Groucho Marx when he said, “I’d never be a member of club who would have me as a member”. One exception to this rule is a group of highly specialized technical experts known as Microsoft® Most Valuable Professionals. Last year I was honored to receive MVP recognition for my work in the field of computer security.

mvp

I’m proud to announce that today I received notification of my newest Microsoft® MVP Award. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting and knowing other MVP’s from around the world. I can tell you it’s a great feeling to be considered one of their peers.


Microsoft describes MVP’s on their website

"We seek to recognize the best and brightest from technology communities around the world with the Microsoft® Most Valuable Professional (MVP) Award.

These exceptional community leaders come from a wide range of backgrounds. They are teachers, artists, doctors, engineers, as well as technologists, who actively share their high-quality, real-world technical expertise with the community and with Microsoft.

With the MVP Award, we thank these inspiring individuals for representing the voice of thousands in the community through the powerful and independent feedback they give us, and for helping our customers maximize the potential of their software."

I’m sure I’m not alone today in getting my notification so I’d also like to congratulate all the other hard working, caring MVP’s who received their award. Good Job!

Labels: ,

Share on Facebook


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Bill, keep up the good work and I hope you receive the award next year, too.
Greetings from Athens,Greece

12:53 PM  
Blogger Shirls said...

Oh well done Bill - and well deserved. My thanks for your generosity.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely deserved!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Bill,
Congratulations with this award. I appreciated your efforts anyway without the award ! All members of this club are of course highly qualified professionals.

However, I personally see a darker side on the "Program". I take full responsibility of my views about the question.

There are countless bugs in MS products. The very young Peter Norton was already making money on DOS! Ever since, thousands of IT preofessionals make their daily living "thanks to" MS products, including the bugs.

For countless "OEM" Windows (almost for each PC) software, Microsoft was cashing big money but always denied to give any support ! That makes us angry !

So, the "Most Valuable Professional Program" can be also a very [b]valuable substitute [/b] for unexisting (denied) support for all users searching solutions not to be found anywhere.

Despite their online help database, which is nothing else than a confirmation of so many problems, I was faced with unsolved problems more than once.

Yes, some months ago I was helped by a Most Valuable Professional lady, willing to help me. She had an immediate solution for a very tricky mysterious problem, that nobody else was able to fix in several years.

Thousands of working hours were lost by users around the world, just to make those "operating" systems running. Thousands IT people have been making their living on the dark side of MS products ! How many fora ?! How many magazines and books and rescue softwares ?

If this is to be a "Program" from Microsoft, I expect it to be [b]a "valuable" program [/b]... for users, as well as for Microsoft.

Bill, your dear friend, the other Bill, won't help me (since I run an ordinary OEM version of Windows-XP for poor people).

If you are willing to take the challenge on a pending problem, remaining unsolved for so many users, over so many Windows versions, I would send send you more details. Who knows, you too might have an immediate solution to this problem, which is close to the core of WinPatrol.

Best regards,
Georges

4:54 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Congrats again.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I can't argue with your points but in the grand scheme of things, Windows isn't unlike other products.

If you look at the auto industry you'll certainly find there are recalls, an industry of 3rd party add-ons and a huge network of repair shops. I'm not saying it's the way things should be but I don't blame Henry Ford for making a fortune.
I'm sure I could make my point much better but there aren't enough hours in the day.

I do love a challenge so feel free to Email me anytime and I'll try my best.
Bill

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its about time you receieved recogntion from the MVP community for the significant contribution you have provided to Windows security over the years.
I have "Scotty" WinPatrol on all systems I work on and recommend him wherever I go.
YoKenny from Canada.

4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home