Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Saturday, October 09, 2010

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

For the third year, I’m proud to announce I’ve been awarded the Microsoft  MVP (Most Valuable Professional) status. I’m especially honored to be recognized as one of a number of bright and outstanding individuals who devote their time helping others.

 

“At Microsoft, we believe that by participating in technical communities, MVPs enhance people's lives and the industry's success. Your participation in these communities promotes the free and objective exchange of knowledge. You are recognized in technical communities as a reliable, independent expert, benefiting all who participate in communities. Your expert advice and influence in technical communities help users adopt new technology and help Microsoft understand and meet our customers' needs.”

mvpkit2009
My first MVP Kit

When I received my first MVP award I was surprised since I’ve been known to be critical of many Microsoft projects.  I’m impressed and humbled that the folks at Microsoft awarded me with this title.  I’m thrilled to be included in a group of exceptional professionals.

I would especially like to thank those MVP’s who nominated me along with Brian Boston, Jake Grey and Emily Freet for their support.  I look forward to next years MVP Global Summit in Redmond and meeting more of my fellow MVP’s.

microsoft

In 1995-96 I worked at the Redmond campus so it’s always a pleasure to re-visit my old office. I worked on a secret skunk-works project called the “Information Highway PC”. This was before YouTube, Google, Facebook, Hulu, Netflix and Slingbox ever existed. Most of what we discovered has been integrated into Windows 7. and even the newest Microsoft Phone 7.  In addition to coding, I participated in setting up focus groups, hiring new employees and learned a lot from mentors Dan and Gabe Newell.  I wasn’t able to stay in Redmond due to the distance from my kids but I was always treated well.  Getting MVP status makes me feel like a member of a team again which is especially important for someone who works alone out of a home office.

 

mvpYou’ll continue to see my proud MVP award image at the top of this blog. While I’m under Non-Disclosure Agreements for many projects, I’m still able to voice my honest opinion and will continue to share information I hope you’ll find my bits useful and/or entertaining.

Share on Facebook


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done, Bill; you richly deserve recognition. I have great faith in your integrity, and just as WinPatrol is must-have software, your blog is always a must-read for me.

1:51 AM  
Blogger Corrine said...

"those MVP’s who nominated me" :)

You are most welcome as well as most deserved!

Congratulations on being re-awarded!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Vera said...

Congratulations, Bill and thank you for WinPatrol. It pops up once in awhile so I know it is working in the back-ground.

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congralations Bill.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, after reding your Wednesday, November 10, 2010 article:
Beware over ambitious clean up programs regards CCleaner, your picture showing a screen with various items to select (or not) for cleaning, is nothing like mine (same version). WinPatrol is definitely not in the list

I don't get it

Alan

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home